[pmwiki-users] Sourceforge project for cookbook recipes?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Sep 25 11:47:53 CDT 2005

Hi

What do people on this list think about starting a sourceforge project for
cookbook recipes?  I think the pmwiki engine should be kept in its own
project, but normal recipes could be added to this project (called
pmwiki-recipes or pmwiki-cookbook) on a strictly voluntary basis.

Here are some of the advantages I can see:
* We can have version control of the recipes
* If each recipe is kept as it's own module, we can still check out
  recipes individually
* Using CVS modules, we can check out sets of recipes in one go
* It'd be possible to update the whole cookbook/ with one command
* Patrick doesn't have to be involved if a recipe uses a file that's
  larger than whatever his server is limited to.
* We could have a wiki (or several wiki fields) that's dedicated to
  testing the various recipes.

Thoughts?  Any one interested in this? Are there any drawbacks?

/Christian