[pmwiki-users] Re: Search broken in latest version?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Sep 25 02:57:18 CDT 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 10:43:38PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I just noticed that searcing for e.g. 'attach:' returns waaaay too many
> > pages... try this link for instance:
> > http://pmwiki.org/wiki?PHPSESSID=6f0e99eadf3150d21587ca3583c618f2&n=PmWiki.PmWiki&action=search&q=Attach%3A
>
> Try searching for "attach:" with the quotes.  Without the quotes,
> PmWiki's ParseArgs function thinks you're specifying a search option
> named "attach".

Hmm... I suspect you think I was using the URI to directly to search for
this text. What I mean is that typing

	attach:

into the search form on e.g. pmwiki.org and then pressing Search returns
way too many pages (2790 pages out of 2790 pages). Typing

	"Attach:"

into the search form does seem to produce the desired result (364 pages
out of 2790 pages), but it's hardly intuitive that you need to add the
quotes.

/Christian