[pmwiki-users] Re: sectionedit 1.4.1 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 21:03:29 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:52:06PM +0200, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:
> Am 20.09.2005 um 22:24 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
> >>Suggested Markups (minimum):
> >>====   (for the joint of two sections, for manual sectioning)
> >>

> >How does this compare to the "____" that was suggested/used
> >in the breakpage recipe?
>
> ____ is used by break_page.php to break a page in several sites. ====
> is used by sectionedit.php to break a page in several sections. I
> think we should leave this as is and use ==== for sections on the
> same page.

Ahhh, I think I see the distinction now.

____ in breakpage is used to break a single page into two or
more separately displayed "segments" -- each segment has its
own url used for display purposes and could potentially be
edited independent of the other segments on the page.

==== in sectionedit is used to break a long displayed page into
individually editable sections, especially for pages that might
not have headings to break it up.  The ==== doesn't change the
display of the page except to the extent that it adds more "edit
section" links.

The one I need for my application is ____, to break a single
page into separately displayable and editable segments.  I don't
have a lot of need for ====, but will probably find a way to
support it (since it acts the same as headings for most purposes).

> It would be really nice if it would be possible
> to set start and stop marks. Say for tables, you can define:
>
>     $SectionBreakPatternPairs = array('(:table:)' => '(:tableend:)' );

Perhaps -- although it may be more generic, since a table
can be ended by things other than a (:tableend:).

But this gives me a lot to go on...