[pmwiki-users] Question about (:if expr auth admin:)

Christopher Dant cdant at virsa.com
Tue Sep 20 18:50:39 CDT 2005

> I'm quite willing to develop a "form-based user-management solution"
> that works with authuser.php; I just need some idea of what
> the interface should look like and what features it needs to support.
>
> (None of my sites require user-based authentication, so I
> can't really design a solution for this based on my own
> needs.  Hearing from others about this would be a big help.)
>
> Pm

For the two wikis that I manage, I am looking for these two aspects of a
'solution':

a. access rights based on groups (the ability to grant each user access
rights to specified groups, with a default for the entire wiki)

b. web-based management panel to remove the need to hand-edit
local/config.php or a passwd-formatted text file

Together they would make it possible to administer larger groups of
users with individual passwords and overlapping groups access rights
with much lower risk of error.

Basically UserAuth is pretty close to providing a minimal, useful
feature set.

Is that helpful?

Chris