[pmwiki-users] Cookies, EnablePathInfo, and so on....

Russell Bailey russell-pmwiki at saberpunk.net
Tue Sep 20 12:31:50 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 12:46:51PM -0400, Russell Bailey wrote:
>

>>I've been trying to get RichEdit to work with $EnablePathInfo enabled.
>>The main problem I keep running into is that the cookie, which I set with
>>
>>SetCookie('editor',$value,$AuthorCookieDir)
>>

>I think you're missing a param; it should probably be:
>
>    setcookie('editor', $value, 0, $AuthorCookieDir)
>
>Also, as of 2.0.6 it's convention to prefix cookies with $CookiePrefix,
>thus I'd use
>
>    $RichEditCookie = $CookiePrefix.'editor');
>    setcookie('editor', $value, 0, $AuthorCookieDir)

Unfortunately,  it looks like I didn't make that mistake in my actual
code.  The line is

setcookie('editor', $value, $AuthorCookieExpires,  $AuthorCookieDir);

As for sites with author tracking disabled,  what would you suggest?
Should I still try and inherit the administrator's existing
preferences,  or set them totally separately?