[pmwiki-users] Re: About the feature "Endings become part of, the link text."

Elias Soong songjl at 163.net
Mon Sep 19 11:31:54 CDT 2005

I have test this on the Chinese main page of pmwiki.org. Gladly it is
what I need. However, I don't know if there are any non-european
language need "Ending become part of the link text", so this may not be
a safe bet. Furthermore, there may be some English site want use UTF-8
encoding to be compatible with more languages.

Now, I suggest another choice. We could allow .XLPage file control this
option, then wiki administrators could choose for their own need. For
example, we could turn off "Ending become part of the link text" by
default for PmWikiZhCn.XLPage file.

I don't know if this change is hard or not, may Mr.Michaud consider
about this. For me, I am satisfied as long as we have a method to turn
off "Ending become part of the link text" when use asian language.

Thanks again for your great work. We love PmWiki!