[pmwiki-users] save problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 15 10:29:38 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:25:16AM -0400, Michael.R.Doughty at frb.gov wrote:
> Did all that.  Several times in fact, just to verify I hadn't messed it
> up.
>
> Is there a way I can get the program to tell me where things are falling
> apart?

It generally does, which is why this has me a bit stumped at the
moment.  But we have a few more diagnostics to go through...

> Being clueless, I hate to try giving diagnoses, but is it significant that
> the only
> file ever created in the wiki.d directory is the .flock file?  From my
> quick scan
> of the code (caveat:  I don't know PHP) it looks as though it should be
> copying the
> page I am trying to edit to that directory when I first go to the Edit
> page.

It's significant that .flock is being created, because that means
that PmWiki does have appropriate permissions to the wiki.d/
directory, so it largely rules out a permissions-related problem.
Out of curiosity, what are the permissions on .flock (i.e., the
output of "ls -l .flock")?

A page file doesn't get created in wiki.d/ until it is actually
being saved, so the fact that's it's not being created there
seems to indicate that the code is never reaching the page save
routine.  It's possible that $ScriptUrl isn't being properly
detected.

Assuming you still have $EnableDiag=1; in your config.php, can you run
the wiki with "?action=diag" and send me the output that results?
It'll just be a long list of variable settings, but those will often
tell me if there's anything "odd" about your particular PHP configuration.

We'll resolve this one way or another!  :-)