[pmwiki-users] View action not active

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 14 12:48:02 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:02:15PM -0400, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> On 9/14/05, Markus Bendler <markus.bendler at gmx.ch> wrote:
> I don't understand. Are you trying to point out this cool feature or a
> possible bug?
>
> If you notice, all links on that page that point back to that page
> have the same effect. A quick look at the source reveals the
> following: <b class='selfreference'>Markup Extensions</b>. Sure
> enough, some code has striped the links and replaced them with a
> styling hook.
>
> How do you implant this? That is a good question. Perhaps someone else
> could shed some light on that.

The variable $LinkPageSelfFmt provides the formatting to be used for
all links back to the current page.  By default it is set to

   $LinkPageSelfFmt = "<a class='selflink' href='\$LinkUrl'>\$LinkText</a>";

which (except for the class) is the same as links to other pages;
to cause it to never produce a link one can do:

   $LinkPageSelfFmt = "\$LinkText";

Of course, one could leave it as a link but use the ".selflink" CSS
class to style it so that it doesn't look like one.