[pmwiki-users] Disable ? on page link markup

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Tue Sep 13 14:51:45 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 01:28:45PM -0400, Martin Fick wrote:
> Is there a way to make a link to a non-existing wiki page
> not display the question mark?  It seems like this would be
> a fairly usefull thing to have.  There are several internal
> cases where pmwiki does not use the question mark  (such as
> categories and pagelist groups), so why not let page
> authors do it too?

I don't know about putting that in the author's hands as much as
making it a wiki-wide setting.  I mean, when would an author want to
differentiate between "non-existent page with question mark" and
"non-existent page without question mark"?

In any case, you can change the link format for non-existing pages by
setting the $LinkPageCreateFmt variable to something appropriate. For
example:

$LinkPageCreateFmt =
   "<a class='createlinktext' href='\$PageUrl?action=edit'>\$LinkText</a>";

Or, since the existing $LinkPageCreateFmt variable puts the anchor on
the question mark in the "createlink" class, you could just use CSS to
hide it. Something like:

a.createlink { display:none; }

in your CSS file.

I'm sure there are other ways.