[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Pmwiki emacs mode

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Sep 12 10:41:18 CDT 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Milan Lukic wrote:

> > (if you aren't using the CVS version, let me know and I'll place a bigger
> > note about it on the donwload page)
> >

> I don't know if it is CVS or not, but I think not. I followed the
> links from the Cookbook page and I believe that I finally clicked on
> "download" rather than CVS. In any case, my tar.gz file is
> pmwiki-mode-1.4-pre2.tar.gz.

Would you mind looking at the download section in cookbook page again?

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EmacsPmWikiMode

Is the text about using the CVS-version clear enough now? And is the link
for the CVS-version visible enough? I think you'll run into problems if
you use 1.4... with PmWiki 2.

> The /Main/HomePage was the key. I tried first Main.HomePage (that is
> suggested in Emacs' minibuffer, and I tried to copy the address line
> from the browser ... I am pretty sure that I tried /Main/WikiSandbox,
> but I was probably missing pmwiki.php in that case ...

If you're missing pmwiki.php, you can fix it so that it works. Requires a
minor setting in your .emacs though. Here's an excerpt from the changelog
"documenting" this feature...

Modified automatic handling of password protected pages.
Removed old variables and introduced a more generic transformation of the
URI. The new variable is called pmwiki-uri-transforms and is a list, where
each element represents a transformation. These transformations are
applied in sequence.
Example of transformations

(set 'pmwiki-uri-transforms
     (list
      '("http://some.site.se\\(/[A-Z]\\|\\?\\)"
"http://some.site.se"
"http://some.site.se/wiki/pmwiki.php")
      '("http://some.site.se/"
"http://some.site.se/"
"http://user:password@some.site.se/")))

The first transformation allows you to use a site where pages are
automatically redirected from http://some.site.se/Group/Page to
http://some.site.se/wiki/pmwiki.php/Group/Page.
The second transformation inserts user:password into the URI when the URI
starts with http://some.site.se. This implies that you use the samme
username/password for all wikis on that site.

/Christian