[pmwiki-users] Problems with unicode characters

Nerijus Krukauskas nkrukauskas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 08:49:20 CDT 2005

On 9/9/05, Zilvinas <zilvinas at teisininkai.lt> wrote:
> After upgrade from the 2beta...(something) version to the most recent one, all
> the unicode characters 'ų'(&#X173;) and 'Ų' (&#X172;) after page edit are
> converted to 'Ŋ':
> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/UTF8
>
> Does somebody knows how to solve this?

  After long reading of many things on pmwiki.org I've come to setup
that works for me. Add the following to config.php and see if that
helps:

---CUT---
$xlpage = FmtPageName('$Group.XLPage', $pagename);
if (PageExists($xlpage)) XLPage($xlpage, $xlpage);

include_once('scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');
---CUT---

  Oh, and I "hacked" pmwiki.php by changing the 'charset=utf-8'. So,
all things I add on my site would be in UTF-8.

--
http://nk99.org/