[pmwiki-users] mode views, prospects

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 07:49:07 CDT 2005

Monday, September 5, 2005, 10:37:44 AM, Pierre-Marie wrote:
> - the user can define in a/his page his list of the possible views

The user defines his view it by selecting  a view, which will be stored in a
cookie. So coming back that view will be displayed automatically.
Why should the user define which views are possible?
The administrator can add any number of views to the list, i.e. view
for various languages etc.
Using views.php cookbook script for instance you could write in config.php:
$ViewList['french'] = 'french';
$ViewList['english']= 'english';

and then you can ?setview=english  etc.

> - to have views ordered thus cumulable (who can more, can less)

The difficulty is in the (:if ... :) conditional markup:
We cannot nest conditions, so we can only show one at a time.
If you wish to show more content in some views, you need to repeat
this content after the specific (:if view ...:) condition.

> - have a form so that the user can choose the view that he wishes

This should be doable, like a drop down option list.
But I am not good at forms... maybe someone else?

> - with the opening of the page, to be able to choose the good view to be shown

The administrator sets the default view, the user sets his view which
will show when he returns, because it is stored in a cookie.
I don't know what you mean by "to be able to choose the good view to
be shown"

Best,
~Hans