[pmwiki-users] Skin display

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Sep 4 10:42:49 CDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 11:17:37AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pm, is it possible to set the following pages to use the skins they are
> describing? ...
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BronwynSkin
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EvolverSkin
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FlexiSkin
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Notebook2Skin
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PlannerSkin
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SomethingCorporate

In some cases, no.  Some of the skins ask for a fair bit more
customization than simply "unzip into pub/skins/ and set the $Skin
variable", and I'm not wanting to spend the effort to go through
a long configuration process.  And in a couple of instances, the
customizations requested actually conflict with other pmwiki.org
settings.

Beyond that, some of skins come with a skin.php file, and that file
is sufficiently hard to read so that I can't easily determine if it
has any security holes in it.

In general, if a contributed skin or recipe isn't something that I
can quickly install and verify its reasonableness, it's not likely
to be activated on pmwiki.org.

> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Lens
> (actually uses the Lens script but still gives the incldue_once error
> message)

Now fixed.