[pmwiki-users] strange line break behavior

Kevin Chan kefin at makedostudio.com
Fri Sep 2 17:41:03 CDT 2005

On Sep 2, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 03:10:15PM -0700, Kevin Chan wrote:
>> On some of my pages I have:
>>
>> \\
>> \\
>>
>> In previous versions of PmWiki, the HTML code comes out as:

>> which is what I'd expect as the backslashes just add newlines.
>>
>> But in 2.0.0, the backslashes come out as:

>> So I'm getting "\\" at the end of my pages instead of line breaks.
>>
>> Has anyone experience this or is there something wrong with my
>> installation?
>
> It seems to be working as I'd expect on pmwiki.org, so there
> must be something weird in the configuration.  Do you have
> a url we could look at?
>
> Pm

I get the odd "\\" behavior on my local installation on my laptop
running MacOS 10.3.9, but I just updated the PmWiki on my web site and
it seems to be doing the same thing. You can take a look at the bottom
of the home page (I have 3 "\\" there and the last "\\" doesn't get
translated into a line break):

http://www.makedostudio.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

You can use the following to edit the pages:

user: kefin
password: pmwiki05d

Thanks!

-Kevin