[pmwiki-users] Sidebar

David Sovinski aslan at aslandata.com
Fri Sep 2 14:37:41 CDT 2005

David

I noticed that too. I meant to write it up but wasn't sure what was
happening in the background. So I don't know if it's me or a bug

This happens only when creating a wiki or a wiki field. I figured out
that there is an instance where the SideBar link reads Site.Sidebar and
the url reads Site.SideBar but pmWiki is really displaying Main.Sidebar.
I changed the url to Main.Sidebar?action=edit and copied in the same
settings as Site.Sidebar and everything "works".
I know that's not the real fix but it works for me until I figure out
more. I currently use pmWiki2.0beta54

To get the problem to display
1) Create a new wiki site
2) Edit Site.SideBar and copy the contents to your clip-board.
3) Create a link and go to it. Enter some text and save it.
4) Notice that the Site.SideBar now reads different that what you just
created when you were at Main.HomePage. Paste your clipboard contents in
the Site.SideBar.
are displayed
7) Again go back to Main.HomePage. The Site.SideBar changes have disappeared
8) That's because at Main.HomePage you're really displaying Main.SiteBar
and not Site.Sitebar which is what the url reads.

David Sovinski (Caspian)