[pmwiki-users] New skin: Lens

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:45:22 CDT 2005

On 9/2/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 07:31:15PM +0200, Christian Schlatter wrote:
> > The Gallery2 developer team just decided to get rid of the distinction
> > between skin and theme since it mainly introduced a lot of confusion.
> > IMHO, it would be "dangerous" to introduce even a $Theme variable only.
>
> Ah, this sounds like very good advice based on experience.

Alright then; we have agreement that $Theme is not worth it.  My
reluctance was not only lazy but wise! ;)  When I originally thought
about "so how will I choose or change between Lens themes", I thought
I should just use the existing mechanisms of $Skin and skinchange.

> Then I'd say to fall back to trying something along the lines of
>
>     $Skin = 'lens/sample';
>
> That *should* work, and if it doesn't we'll make it work.

It works already, so later I'll pack up the current version of Lens
and post it.  This one lives all in one folder and I'm finishing up
the %sidehead% support.

Bronwyn