intermat.txt (Re: [pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 09:26:59 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 12:57:44PM +0200, malexism wrote:
> Is there a reason why intermap.txt is not a wiki page, like XL page ?

Before we had the Site group, we didn't have a good place for such
a page that would be easily protected against malicious edits.
And it's very important to protect the InterMap entries from
malicious edits.  Also, reading and parsing wiki page files is
a fair bit more server intensive than simply reading a text file
from disk.

All that said, since we now have a Site group where it's easy to
store pages that are protected against edits, it wouldn't be
difficult at all to allow a Site.InterMap page to contain additional
InterMap entries.  If enough people think it's a good idea, I'll
see about adding this to the core.