[pmwiki-users] How to edit EditPage form?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Sep 1 23:11:25 CDT 2005

At 2005-09-01  09:49 PM -0600, Spare Room is rumored to have said:
>I am using the monobook skin and would like to change the formatting &
>text at the bottom of the Edit Page so that it is more obvious to posters
>that an Author Name is required. I have been thru the code and cannot find
>where to edit the text (Author: to Author Required:) or formatting
>(bold/red).  Regards Doug

I added the following code to my local/config.php file:

# Change the Author prompt to be more verbose and visible
$AuthorRequiredFmt =  "<h3 class='wikimessage' style='color:red'>$[You must
enter your name in the author box before saving]</h3>";

To see it in action, go to this page:
http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Guest/WikiSandbox?action=edit

Make sure the Author field is empty and press preview -  the message will
appear.

This works in beta 40 - not sure if it does in 2.0.0

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668