[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Rene Visco rvisco at csdr-cde.ca.gov
Thu Sep 1 14:03:48 CDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses...just upgraded to PMWiki 2.0 with EASE!
  NO problem.  PM, a big pat on your back!

Intranet servers are run by Microsoft IIS server.  For example, we (the
staff and teachers only, not students for now), can access to servers
set up in our LANs.  I have Mac myself.  In order to access the
folders, I have to use the command "Connect to Server" with this
address:  afp://csdrsrv03 then, give my login id and password to access
the folder, "Distributions".

For Windows users, it's more simple, for instance,
J:\Distributions\2005ESY\filename.doc

The URL link to J: server will be enabled within Windows environment
(either in Outlook or Network Places), but it's not in Mac clients.

I think I get the hang of what InterMap can do.  I think it's great!
Easy for my staff to memorize.

I hope I explain the scenario clear?  Can the wiki enable links to
intranet servers, not http://, ftp://, or gopher://?

Rene V.

On Sep 1, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Radu wrote:

> If the files are there already, and there is a folder for
> contributions, writable by the apache user, just point the upload
> strings ($UploadDir and $UploadDirFmt) to the specific folder.
>
> Alternatively, if you just want students to download from there,
> create specific intermap strings:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InterMap
>
> At 02:37 PM 9/1/2005, Rene Visco wrote:
>> How do I enable the "download" link within a wiki to a specific file
>> in a specific folder in an intranet server?  I'm aware that Pmwiki
>> have "upload" folder, but my supervisors are not interested in
>> transferring the massive amounts of files from servers to PMwiki's
>> upload folder.
>>
>> What are your suggestions?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Radu