[pmwiki-users] {$Title} gets overwritten by page included in template

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:28:14 CDT 2005

My template looks something like this in part:

<!--wiki:Site.SomePage-->

<h2>$Titlespaced</h2>
<!--PageText-->

<!--wiki:Site.Sidebar-->

Nothing fancy and it works fine at first. However, if I set a title
for Site.Somepage $Titlespaced displays the title of Site.Somepage
instead of the title of the main page. Basicly, every page now appears
to have the title of Site.SomePage. If I remove the title from
Site.SomePage, the problem goes away and each page displays its own
title.

Interestingly, whether Site.SideBar has a title or not has no effect,
which I assume is because it's included after $Titlespaced is called.

The first obvious answer is to not set a title for those sub-pages.
However, I am using the EditTitle recipe (which I developed) and had
set it to require every page to have a title. I have since set
$ForceTitle=0 in the Site.php config file to avoid the problem (and
even updated the EditTitle recipe so one can optionly not even show
the the Title input field in those pages). Even so, I'd say this is a
bug. Anyone else ever experience this?
--
----
Waylan Limberg