[pmwiki-users] Completely clean URLs (Was: Get rid of groups altogether?)

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Oct 26 15:49:26 CDT 2005

Waylan Limberg schrieb:
> Patrick commented on this in a few different threads here on the list
> recently. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it sounded pretty
> complicated to me. Thus my previous comments about altering the core.

It would be pretty complicated, even if it's "just" hooking into the URL
generation machine. I suspect that the main case isn't too difficult
once the relevant hooks are identified, but that getting the corner
cases cleaned out could take several iterations.

The idea has had some time to mature in my subconscious, and the
conclusion I arrived at was this: I can see that it would be a good idea
to be able to set up PmWiki "without groups", but the value is too low
that it's worth the effort.
That's just my personal evaluation; YMMV.

Regards,
Jo