[pmwiki-users] Notes and plans for PmWiki 2.1

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sun Oct 23 12:04:36 CDT 2005

At 2005-10-21  09:56 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>* PITS:00459 - ability to create shared groups/pages for farm installations

All of the suggestions for 2.1 sound great, but the sharing one is of
particular interest to me.

Currently I have a wiki farm with 7 fields - 1 is "open", 1 is
read-protected by a password, and the other 5 are password protected
by Apache BA.

I have a "HowTo" group that I share amongst all 7 fields. It is
edit-protected so that only I can change the content.

I want to share one "Profiles" group amongst the 5 Apache BA
protected fields. The other 2 fields need to keep their own Profiles groups.

I have implemented the first (sharing HowTo) using the recipe on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm but
there seems to be a bug that causes  edits to shared pages to update
AllRecentChanges in the field that the user "lives" in rather than
the field that contains the shared copy.

I am nervous about using the recipe on the Profiles group, and have
not done so. The bottom line for me is, I  need to be able to specify
which fields have access to particular shared groups.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668