[pmwiki-users] Re: commented version of wikistyles.php

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri Oct 21 15:22:43 CDT 2005

On Saturday, 22 October 2005 2:02 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 05:20:57PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
>> Are you saying it isn't possible to ask a local wikistyles.php
>> to produce

>>     is purple
>>
>> instead? Or are you saying that we'll need to modify the dtd
>> we are using, and the subsequent xslt processing, to support
>> what pmwiki can produce?

<snip>

>Wikistyles.php could possibly be modified to be able to
>support <style> tags nested within blocks (and possibly other
>at least the wikistyles code and perhaps even to the
>block-handling code.  This isn't to say it can't be done,
>just that it'll take a fair bit of redesign to have happen
>(and could introduce lots of incompatibilities with some
>existing recipes).
>
>Pm

I need to ponder this. My immediate thought is to configure
wikistyles for print so that for %block% styles it outputs
something like <tag><:blockstyle...> instead of <tag ... >
then add a post-processing rule to look for and change

That should, I think, be safe, if it can be made to work.
It wouldn't require any changes to the block handling,
but we might have to continue to use a local wikistyles
script.

How does that sound as an approach?

--
JR