[pmwiki-users] RSS feeds and read-protected groups

Kerim Friedman oxusnet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:41:37 CDT 2005

I seem to have hit a snafu in what was otherwise looking like the
perfect solution for me. I have a number of projects that all need
wikis and I love the ability of PM Wiki to create group-level
passwords to block reading and/or editing a portion of the site.
However, when I implement this it seems it prevents those groups from
having readable RSS feeds as well! Earlier I was using Instiki which
offered title-only RSS feeds for protected wikis, this would suit my
needs OK, although ideally I'd like to have some ability to enter a
password in the URL and access the full feed for that group's recent
changes.

Any suggestions/workarounds/alternatives? Thanks for your help!

PS: I recently gave PM wiki a great writeup here:

<http://savageminds.org/2005/10/21/info-tech-aaa-panels-and-how-to-start-your-own-wiki/>

Cheers,

Kerim