[pmwiki-users] Can I have a custom list of words that become links... like wikiwords, but a defined list?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 20 15:01:03 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:49:08AM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> What I would like to do is specify a list of words that if found on
> a page, turn into links... possible?

Others have asked for this, tried it, and ultimatly decided it wasn't
exactly what they wanted -- it tends to generate too many links.  However,
since you've asked:

    Markup('wordlink', '>wikilink',
      "/\\b(Chris|Patrick|Linux)\\b/e",
      "Keep(WikiLink(\$pagename, '$0'), 'L')");

This causes these words to be treated just like WikiWords (even to
the point of honoring $WikiWordCountMax and $WikiWord['Chris'] settings).
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/WordLinks.