[pmwiki-users] Organization opinions requested

Michael Kizer mkizer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:21:52 CDT 2005

 On 10/19/05, Waylan Limberg <waylan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting site. However, I think I'd do things a little different.
> What happens if 2 different albums contain a song by the same title
> (hey, it happens - a compilation cd, greatest hits album, another
> artist does a remake or (the big problem) even writes a different song
> and unknowingly gives it the same name)? Maybe each album could have
> its own group. That way you would have
> WhenDreamAndDayUnite.AFortuneInLies. Just a suggestion.

 I thought about doing that, but wouldn't that create an issue with the
expanding sidebar menu since it expands the "Albums" entry when the group is
"Albums"?
* [[Albums/Albums]] (:if group Albums:)
** [[Albums/Majesty Demos]]
** [[Albums/When Dream And Day Unite]]
** [[Albums/Images And Words]]
** [[Albums/Awake]]
** [[Albums/A Change Of Seasons]]
** [[Albums/Falling Into Infinity]]
** [[Albums/Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory]]
** [[Albums/Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence]]
** [[Albums/Train Of Thought]]
** [[Albums/Octavarium]] (:if:)
 I don't know if you can put multiple groups in the if statement or not.
 I was also playing around with the idea of adding a wiki trail to the
bottom of each individual song page, so you could walk through each song on
an album. The problem is that I do not want the wiki trail to appear on the
main album page (which includes each individual song page). Is there a way
to conditionally display the wiki trail so that it doesn't appear when the
page is included somewhere else?

--
~Michael Kizer
http://Michael.Kizer.ws