[pmwiki-users] Re: WikiCalendar

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Oct 18 15:34:35 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 18 October 2005 7:46 PM, Thomas N. Burg <editor at randgaenge.net> wrote:
>> (:thisweek:) always starts on Monday (or Sunday, depending on
>> the configuration setting)
>>
>> (:thisweek -1:) shows last week
>>
>> (:thisweek +1:) shows next week
>>
>> I'll see what I can do; it should be a trivial change.
>> Probably tonight my time...
>
>Super, 'tough it's always nice to have several options like the one
>above plus the existing one
>
>Thomas

Done.

Download and try the new wikilog.php -- it should now automatically
start at the first day of the current week, unless there is a +n or
-n week shift. I'm thinking that perhaps

(:thisweek*:)

could mean 'start today and display a week' while (:thisweek:)
means start at the start of this week. However, I don't want
to implement this until there is a good markup for it -- the
asterisk seems a bit arbitrary. On the other hand, I'm not
sure it's a good idea to make the markup too verbose, eg

(:thisweek offset=-3 from=today:)

versus

(:thisweek* -3:)

Then there is the possibility of telling the calendar to add
(edit) after the day name, which requires another parameter.

So I'd like to leave it as a simple directive at the moment,
and see what the demand is for additional options.

"When in doubt, leave it out." Let me know how it goes.

--
JR