[pmwiki-users] {$UrlPage}

David Jackson dave at glossopian.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 15:55:34 CDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 01:33:33PM +0100, David Jackson wrote:

>>I was playing around with the PageNotFound Page, and I think the
>>|{$UrlPage} variable is broken.
>>
>>you can see what I mean with this (non existant) link:
>>http://glossopian.co.uk/pmwiki.php?n=Main.testingPageNotFound
>>

>The {$UrlPage} variable is set only if the page name given
>isn't a valid pagename.  Since PmWiki considers "Main.testingPageNotFound"
>to be a valid pagename, it doesn't set {$UrlPage}.
>
>There's a good argument to be made that this isn't the correct
>behavior, but since I don't know a better one that's what we have
>at the moment.

First apologies for the tardy reply, my PC is playing up.  Over heating
I think :(

I've tried to find a non-valid pagename, but can't seem to find one!
All I get is the same issue or as Joshua said, describe page here.  Am I
being dim?  I'd like to set this so if some one clicks on a now 'non
existing' page in Google, they get this behaviour.

>>And on a related note, I appear to have two 'page not found' pages.  One
>>in Main & another in Site. Can I safely remove one?  If so, which one?
>>

>If you're running something after 2.0.beta44, then Site.PageNotFound
>is the official one, and you can remove Main.PageNotFound.
>
>More to the point, it's sometimes a good idea to remove (or rename)
>the wikilib.d/ directory entirely, and get a fresh copy from the latest
>distribution.

Makes sense, it's just something I've never thought about.  As per
Neil's comment, I think a warning in the release notes to remove pages
is a good idea.

Thanks

Dave J