[pmwiki-users] Moving content between wikis and keeping track of changes

Mr Wappy mrwappy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 14:24:33 CDT 2005

Hi all

Thanks for this information which sort of confirms the
behaviour that I would have expected.  The problem I
am experiencing is that when I make an edit and save,
the change isn't reflected in any of the change files.
 It seems that the functionality has just been lost,
hence my interest in getting to grips with what makes
the recentchanges pages; I had assumed that at the
very least any real change should be captured in an
update to Site.AllRecentChanges.

I assumed it calls "PostRecentChanges" in pmwiki.php
and to explore this further I put some logging
diagnostics only to find out that this function isn't
being called.

I think I probably have a problem that has crept in
either as a result of trying to enhance the
functionality and not getting it quite right.  Just in
case anybody is aware of any problems or has any ideas
relating to the following and potential conflicts I
have:

1. Added in the some additional scripts:
"backup_pages.php"
"rssenclosures.php"
"refcount.php"

2.I am using the notebook2 skin with its own menu
scripts

3. I do not use the group Main so have changed the
config
$DefaultGroup = 'YYY;
$DefaultName = 'ZZZ';

Any ideas welcome, otherwise I'll enjoy learning more
about this wonderful product, and with the positive
thoughts from my mentors (decades ago now and
paraphrased) "one never learns about something until
you break it!"

Many thanks to all

Adrian