[pmwiki-users] Conditional Directive based on time

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 13 13:47:48 CDT 2005

On 10/12/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 11:17:14AM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> >
> > doesn't optimizing for authors (ala, PmWikiPhilosophy #1) mean not to
> > confuse them if at all possible? It's simpler for authors to remember to
> > always use "YYYYMMDD" for dates. It's simpler for authors to remember
> > that the dates they write/read are always included in ranges.
>
> One question (non-rhetorical):  How likely is it going to be that
> someone is going to soon ask for the ability to specify months (YYYYMM)
> so that they don't have to put the DD in place?  Or perhaps times
> (YYYYMMDDhhmm)?

I think a request for (YYYYMMDDhhmm) its likely because of time zone
issues.  Example: An Arizona-oriented wiki running on a server in
Texas would be one hour off (or two hours off when Daylight Saving
Time is in effect because AZ doesn't "save daylight").

Actually, an optional Time Zone attribute would probably work better
for that situation come to think of it.

Hagan