[pmwiki-users] How to include a searchbox in the SideBar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 9 09:58:55 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 12:14:41AM +0200, fever wrote:
> I would like to add a searchbox in the SideBar. Does anybody have a nice
> idea to do so?
>
> Just using (:searchbox:) in the SideBar messes up completely the design of
> the light skin. And in April Hans and Pm already discussed the issue in this
> thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/11862. Did
> you, Hans, or anybody else manage to find a trick?

In what sense is (:searchbox:) messing up the design of the lightskin?
If it's simply too large, then try a smaller size:

    (:searchbox size=5:)

If you need more control than that, then try using some custom CSS
rules for the searchbox:

    .wikisearch { width:100px; }

If that's still not enough, we can create a custom searchbox markup,
or modify the existing searchbox markup to provide whatever hooks
are needed.