[pmwiki-users] {$UrlPage}

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 9 09:52:05 CDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 01:33:33PM +0100, David Jackson wrote:
> I was playing around with the PageNotFound Page, and I think the
> |{$UrlPage} variable is broken.
>
> you can see what I mean with this (non existant) link:
> http://glossopian.co.uk/pmwiki.php?n=Main.testingPageNotFound

The {$UrlPage} variable is set only if the page name given
isn't a valid pagename.  Since PmWiki considers "Main.testingPageNotFound"
to be a valid pagename, it doesn't set {$UrlPage}.

There's a good argument to be made that this isn't the correct
behavior, but since I don't know a better one that's what we have
at the moment.

> And on a related note, I appear to have two 'page not found' pages.  One
> in Main & another in Site. Can I safely remove one?  If so, which one?

If you're running something after 2.0.beta44, then Site.PageNotFound
is the official one, and you can remove Main.PageNotFound.

More to the point, it's sometimes a good idea to remove (or rename)
the wikilib.d/ directory entirely, and get a fresh copy from the latest
distribution.