[pmwiki-users] Hacked together a blog for pmwiki

Ryan Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 01:40:14 CDT 2005

Hello, I know there's some interest in using pmwiki as a blog.  I
haven't really kept up on whether anything happenning on that front,
but I wanted to let the list know that I hacked together a simple blog
from the WikiCalendar recipe
(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiCalendar).

Basically, I think a blog should be:

1) A post form
2) A digest page, to show the last N entries
3) An archive page, that shows entries in context, datewise

You can view each of these pieces at
http://www.ryanvarick.com/Blog/Index.  I go into more detail about my
particular view of blogs there.

Anyway, I just hacked away at WikiCalendar until I had something that
fit my needs.  I'm not a PHP guru (go Perl!), so the resultant code is
a horrible, horrible hack job.  But I thought I'd see if anyone's
interested what I've got.  So let me know!

Ryan