[pmwiki-users] just upgraded from 2beta40 to 2.0.10 and need help

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Oct 3 22:00:39 CDT 2005

At 2005-10-03  09:46 PM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff is rumored to have said:
>On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 10:20:12PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> > I am very pleased to report that the upgrade was absolutely painless
> > but I have one minor glitch so far ...
> >
> > I want to align myself with the "Site" group usage, so I renamed
> > Main.SideBar to Site.SideBar. Unfortunately it does not work - it
> > looks like PmWiki is picking up Main.SideBar from /wikilib.d.
>
>Oh, there's all sorts of changes from 2.0.beta40 to 2.0.10.  You'll
>want to read the release notes (particularly for 2.0.beta44 as that's
>when we transitioned from Main.* to Site.* I do believe)  See
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes
>
>I don't know if it's the right thing or not, but I'd probably just
>remove wikilib.d and completely recreate it from 2.0.10 so that there
>are no vestiges of older releases lying about.
>
>-Scott

Amazing as it may seem (;-), I actually did read the docs (release
notes, especially 44)) before plunging in, and I completely replaced
wikilib.d with the new version. The only stuff left about are the
actual wiki pages and some old skins. To make sure the skins were not
the problem, I reverted to the PmWiki default.

However, I suspect that the transition script may have done some
magic that kept my Main.SideBar page working (rather than switching
to Site.SideBar). Now I can't seem to get rid of it! Or rather, when
I rename it Site.SideBar, PmWiki starts loading Main.SideBar from (I
presume) wikilib.d.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/