[pmwiki-users] Sourceforge project for cookbook recipes?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sun Oct 2 11:52:53 CDT 2005

At 2005-09-26  02:57 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>All that said, if there are enough people who want to use CVS
>or subversion as an additional place to store/manage recipes, I'll
>see about setting up the repository for it.  But to continue
>to make things accessible to new wiki administrators, I think we
>should continue to publish .tgz and/or .zip packages for download
>directly from the recipe pages, and cannot rely on them having
>(or being comfortable with) a cvs or subversion client.

If CVS had been the default way to get PmWiki code, I would never
have installed it. Now that I am addicted, I would be willing to
figure out the "extra" layer of complexity that CVS appears (to me) to add.

FTPing and opening zip files and overwriting old versions works just
fine for me. I tend to update ONLY when needed (for a feature I want
or to kill a bug) and I would have to relearn the CVS stuff each time.

I know that some of the Unix Crunchy Goodness (TM) folks will
probably explain to me that CVS is much simpler and less error prone. ;-)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668