[pmwiki-users] Section 508 compliance

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:06:48 CST 2005

> Well, I don't know that it's already compliant, I'm just saying
> I'll be glad to make changes to aim in that direction.  :-)

No not quite, but almost. For starters, all form fields must have
labels. From what I have seen, non of the form fields generated by
PmWiki have labels except the EditTitle recipe (shameless plug),
Patrick, you might want to see how I implemented that so the label is
both editable and translatable (I think - Unfortunately I only know
English so I haven't tested that part)

To test your sites for 508 compliance go here:
http://www.contentquality.com/Default.asp

Currently that is the only problem I see, but I  haven't really
checked more than my homepage and the pmwiki.org home page where, in
both cases the search field fails the alternate text test (the first
test on the list).
--
----
Waylan Limberg