[pmwiki-users] Workflow?

Henrik Bechmann henrik at bechmannsoftware.com
Mon Nov 28 15:14:11 CST 2005

>>So, pressing "Save as draft" saves the current page into
"Group.PageName-Draft", and the -Draft page is used for all
subsequent edits of the original page until the normal "Save"
button is pressed.  When "Save" is pressed, any existing -Draft
page is deleted.

Yes, just so, and well said.

I've been poking around and it seems to me that something along the
following lines might be the right direction (in pseudocode):

$NativeEditAction=$HandleActions('edit');
$HandleActions('edit')='HandleEditWithOptionalDraft'

function HandleEditWithOptionalDraft($pagename, $auth = 'edit') {
global $NativeEditAction;
if (file_exists($pagename . '-Draft')) then $pagename = $pagename .
'-Draft';
$NativeEditAction($pagename, $auth = 'edit');
}

??????

Thanks very much for the discussion. If and when this comes to the point
where I get set to do something about it, I'll consult with you before
proceeding in case a solution by you is imminent (I'm guessing you'd do
a far superior job!!!!<big grin>)

Thanks again,

All the best,

- Henrik