[pmwiki-users] List of Categories in use

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 01:55:07 CST 2005

Saturday, November 26, 2005, 1:45:51 AM, Martin wrote:
> This won't work unless the pages exists.  They don't
> have to exist to be a category.

Excuse me if I am dumb here, but I do not understand.

I thought a category in pmwiki is a page in the Category group.
And if you create a new category as a link [[!My New Category]] then you
would need to open the Category.NewCategory page at least once in
order to create it by saving it immediately.
Putting in the link [[!My New Category]] on any page is not creating
it, it just links to a page still to be created.

Please explain what you mean by " they don't have to exist to be a
category".

Best,
~Hans