[pmwiki-users] How can I redirect...

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Nov 22 10:11:14 CST 2005

Robert Riebisch schrieb:
> Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>>>from a, e.g., "http://www.bttr-software.de/fix8x14/" to
>>>"http://www.bttr-software.de/Products/FIX8X14/"? Problem is the lower
>>>case "fix8x14" which results in "HTTP 404 - File not found". :-(
>>
>>Try making the filename lowercase :-)
>
> Is "fix8x14" not low enough? ;-)

Sorry, I got it mixed up - you'd have to rename the file to
all-uppercase names.

Though I'm not sure how that would mix with a PmWiki installation. If
PmWiki is responsible for that part of the URL space, and you have a
CleanURLs recipe installed, PmWiki will probably try to find a wiki page
for that name (the recipe as currently worded will map URLs beginning
with a lowercase filename to a file, and everything else to a wikipage).

We'd need to know a bit more about your intended URL space layout to
give really useful hints.

>>In case that isn't possible, you'd need to redirect.
>
> My problem is that I can't enter PmWiki's redirect markup, because I
> can't edit "fix8x14" at all!

I meant a redirect via Apache. Along the lines as PM described them
(which is useful if that file is the only one). Or with a portal script
like the one I outlined in my other post.

Regards,
Jo