[pmwiki-users] Re: wiki forms - suggestions for new features

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Nov 20 14:47:20 CST 2005

On Sunday, 20 November 2005 3:16 AM, Sergio Andreozzi <sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it> wrote:
>Hi John,
>
>I'm successfully using the wiki form for managinng a TO DO list in a
>small, rapidly changing project.
>
>I provide you some feedback about further improvements:
>
>1. print-as-one-page option
>
>it would be useful to have a way to print both the summary table and the
>details of each page as one page. At the moment, I manually maintain a
>trail and I use the Publish WikiTrail extension. An idea could be to
>automatically generate the trail and move to print view.

Set $PublishForm = true; in your config.php file before you include
wikiform.php. This assumes you are using a recent version of the wikiform
script. If you have the full PublishPDF library installed (a new beta is
coming out today), you can publish the collection as pdf too.

You can control the print sequence by clicking the column headings,
which re-orders the display.

For an example, see:
http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=Issues.Issues

>It would be useful to also have the same options of wikilist in order to
>filter what to print, e.g., (:wikilistprint field1=value
>field2!=value2:)

This will "just work" -- it prints the entries shown in the list, in
the order they are displayed. So you can set up different list pages
with different views.

>2. possibility to modify the template and have the current pages to be
>automatically updated; an initial solution could provide:
>
>for new fields, just add the new field in the right position with a
>default value (if any)
>
>for removed field, remove the field from old pages
>
>for modified fields in values, do nothing

This is not a trivial exercise! It will require some thought on my
part. If I get it wrong, the code could easily destroy an entire
page collection.

>3. rename "page" column
>
>is it possible to rename the page column without changing the extension
>code? (a variable in the config.php, maybe)
>
>useful if I want to name it e.g., issue or todo)

Yes, in the latest version, there is a wikiform-i18n-xx.php file,
where xx is a 2 character language code. It sets $wikiform_page = 'Page';

If you set $wikiform_page to something else after you include the
i18n file, it will use that value. I see that I should use SDV to set
the i18n values and will change this for the next release.

>Thanks for the great contribution and I hope these suggestions help for
>future evolution.
>
>Regards, Sergio

I hope the answers are helpful. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

--
JR