[pmwiki-users] Greedy targets= with trails?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Nov 19 10:42:43 CST 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 07:06:07PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:
>   I am using pmwiki2.0.0 and I noticed some strange behavior
> with the  targets= header index.
>
>   When a file gets saved it seems to update this target=
> greedily, particularly with respect to trails.  It seems to
> add the name of the previous and next pages to this.  This
> information can then become outdated if the trail is changed
> and will be  incorrectly reported by pagelists.

It's possible to turn off target= information entirely, but
this will disable the links= option and cause the refcount.php
script to stop working.

> I would prefer to run my site without any duplicate meta
> data in the file headers.

Does this mean you would also prefer that PmWiki not save the
title= attribute?  Technically that is "duplicate meta data" also,
and disabling it will cause title markups to work somewhat incorrectly.