[pmwiki-users] A few technical questions

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:59:37 CST 2005

> > As for post form integration, is there a way I can "piggy-back" on the
> > current edit form?  I'd like to use the edit form the user has already
> > set up, maybe adding a couple of fields (like subject, date, and a
> > hidden field).  Is this possible?  Right now I have my own form
> > configured, is there a better way to do this?
>
> New input fields can be added to the edit form by editing the
> Site.EditForm page.  Processing them requires more work, but all
> editing functions are handled through the $EditFunctions array
> (which is an array of subroutines to be called in order to process
> ?action=edit).

You may find my EditTitle recipe helpful here, which adds a Title
field to the edit form. It should serve your need for a subject field
just fine. As a matter of fact, the label can be easily changed for
the field. And seeing PmWiki already has (:title:) markup which
EditTitle uses, that keeps things simple. Even if you don't use what I
have done exactly, feel free to draw ideas from my code.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com