[pmwiki-users] Some way to return to common page holding two editable regions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 14 08:49:54 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 09:18:48AM -0500, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
>    Thanks Patrick
>
>    >>It can be done with some scripting in local/config.php, however.
>
>    Can you point me to an example?

Depends on how fancy you need it to be.  Actually, after thinking
about this just a bit, a very simple mechanism might be to simply
add

    (:redirect MyPage:)

to MyPageSideBar, so that when editing is finished the author is
automatically returned to MyPage.  This also generates the "
"redirected from MyPageSidebar" text at the top, but that can be
removed by placing the following in local/config.php:

    $PageRedirectFmt = "";

Also, depending on how many sidebars you expect to have, the
per-page configurations could automatically handle the redirection,
place the following in local/Group.MyPageSidebar.php:

    <?php Redirect('Group.MyPage');

The generic problem of remembering which page the author was at
when the sidebar's edit link is pressed is a bit trickier; it
requires passing along a return page in all of the edit requests
so PmWiki can redirect appropriately when the save is completed.
But this could be done also with a bit of work.

Pm