[pmwiki-users] how to create pagelist with description?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 15:24:53 CST 2005

Martin, tnx for your info.

Actually I do not want that users have to add all kind
of formatting or markup, because I know that in the
end most of them are not going to do this, and I know
who has to clean up the mess afterwards :-)

I've been playing with %font-size etc but if there is
a ! in that section it will still change size.

Perhaps we need something like include-unformatted or
a command to strip formatting from text.

I can also imagine a change to pagelist where it adds
the content of the (:description:)
(e.g. adding something like $PageList.Description
and/or $PageList.Title

What I don't know is if it is possible to apply a page
specific format and nullify the effects of ! and
friends.

Frans.

--- Martin Fick <fick at fgm.com> wrote:

> > I noticed one thing I would like to see different,
> but
> > don't know how to realise.
> > If the first line of the include contains
> formatting
> > this is also given in the table.
>
> Yes, I figured you would mention that. :)
>
> > So if the include file starts with
> > ! something
> > I get the something text in the large font in the
> > index page as well.
> >
> > I've updated the test sample to demo this.
> > Is there a way around this?
>
> Saw it.
>
> I don't knwo how you could strip the wiki markup,
> maybe
> someone who is better with the core could give us a
> hint.
>
> One thing you could do that would involve a
> convention,
> would be to get people to place their text nicely
> into
> anchored sections instead.
>
> For example, wrap there descriptions with:
>
> (:if false:)
> [[#WhoAmI]]The only smart Doe (married into the
> family) test 3\\
> with a 2nd line
> [[#WhoAmIEnd]]
> (:if)
>

> And then referenc it where they want to format it
> such as:
>

> ! (:include Profiles.JaneDoe#WhoAmI#WhoAmIEnd:)
>
> this is some more blurb to see what happens if there
> is more text.\\
> or multiline
>
> (:if false:)
> [[#WhoAmI]] The only smart Doe (married into the
> family) test 3\\
> with a 2nd line
> [[#WhoAmIEnd]]
> (:if)
>

> Then use a different tact on your includes, use
> anchors:
>
> (:cellnr:)
> [[({$PageList.Group}.){$PageList.NameSpaced}]]
> (:cell:)
> (:include

{$PageList.Group}.{$PageList.Name}#WhoAmI#WhoAmIEnd:)

http://www.theficks.name/test/PLT/pmwiki.php?n=Test.Profiles