[pmwiki-users] group password setting

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 31 10:19:04 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:36:25AM -0700, lbc leerplatform wrote:
> what am i overlooking in group password setting?
> have no problem calling the page:
> http://www.openwebschool.net/pmwiki2028/pmwiki.php?n=VossenWikkers.GroupAttibutes?action=attr
>
> setting passwords, submitting,
> receiving call for admin password,
> OK,
> but... then nothing happens, no password is required
> on my next visit to the group or pages...
>
> what am i overlooking?
> am using pmwiki 2028 on linux hosting

You probably want to be using something slightly later than beta28 --
the password features were revised slightly in beta29 and beta30.

Also, keep in mind that passwords are often cached, so once you
enter the admin password into your browser you may never be asked
for a password again (because the admin password always grants
access to all pages).

If this doesn't help, write back and we'll troubleshoot it further.