[pmwiki-users] Customized signature screen

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sun May 22 08:56:28 CDT 2005

Personally, I prefer to have fewer files opened every time pmwiki renders a
page, so I code the recipes inside the respective config files. That also
allows me a better global view, to see if things like variable names and
behaviors conflict.

But you're right, for the admins with little php experience, this may be a
problem. Feel free to create a php file and modify the recipe to point to
it, if you want. I suppose you'll have 2 files, one for each version, or
maybe one file that checks for the version and executes the appropriate php
snippet.

As for separating code from 'content', it may be possible to use a version
of the internationalization feature of pmwiki and place $[text goes here]
that people may change in the XLPages. I didn't get to that yet, though.

Comments welcome :)

At 03:29 AM 5/21/2005, zgrauer at earthlink.net wrote:
>Radu,
>
>Thanks, it works great!
>
>May I make a suggestion: I think we should in general in recipes instead
>of adding a code to the config.php, create
>a text file with the code, and use include(text file name here) instead.
>
>The reason is that my config.php file is beginning to contain all the
>different markup suggestions (including the
></TABLE> line), and is getting to the point that is both long and requires
>expertise to read. Instructing to create a text file in /local and include
>it in config.php is cleaner and easier.
>
>I wish there was a way to convey this to the coders of the cookbook
>recipes in general.
>
>A second suggestion - why not break the presentation from the logic? We
>can create a second text file, with the message, call it message.html or
>message.txt, and include it in the original snippet. This way, it is easy
>to change the message without messing with configuration file, which is
>always more risky.
>
>Zvi.

Cheers,
Radu