[pmwiki-users] The WikiCalendar and session cookies

dan mcmullen bang at pacific.net
Wed May 18 11:50:05 CDT 2005

i know it's not a PmWiki problem, but it may be causing redundant
password requests for others.

it is also a bit more complicated than just a bad $ScriptUrl.  in my
domain the leading 'www.' is optional.  i've been setting $ScriptUrl (&
$UploadUrlFmt & $PubDirUrl) to the domain name without 'www.'.

my problem seems to be that when i link to the wiki using just the
domain and field name (eg 'http://foo.org/fieldname'), then something
(isp Apache config?) forces the resulting page URL to have the leading
'www.'.  if a session cookie is generated, it (sometimes?) has the
undesired leading 'www.'.  this creates the two session cookies &
unpredictable password requests occur.

all this is pretty trivial.  i can live with a leading 'www.', but i'd
like to understand what's going on better.

tia & enjoy! /dan

--
dan mcmullen, ca, usa                                   be easy - be !
mailto:bang at pacific.net                                   707-485-0220