[pmwiki-users] emacs pmwiki-mode: getting closer

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun May 8 06:42:42 CDT 2005

Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> Am 08. Mai 2005, 13:08 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Joachim Durchholz:
>
>>You have entered http://localhost/pmwiki or http://localhost/pmwiki/,
>>and Apache responded with a redirect to
>>http://localhost/pmwiki/Main/HomePage.
>
> Not really (see below). If I give the short address, emacs-pmwiki-mode
> gives an error.

Hmm... that redirect shouldn't be any different from the one that you
reported below, so I'm wondering why the emacs mode is giving you an
error with that URL and not one with the .../Main/HomePage one. Seems
like another bug in emacs-pmwiki-mode. (Unfortunately, my knowledge
about emacs modes is near zero, so I can't help much with sorting that out.)

>>Obviously, the emacs mode isn't smart enough to properly follow
>>redirects and gives you the error document.
>>
>>Simply give the full URL, i.e. http://localhost/pmwiki/Main/HomePage ,
>>do avoid the problem.
>
> That's actually what I did. This page doesn't exist in this form,
> though. I assume it gets rewritten by apache's mod_rewrite to
>
> http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage
>
> if I understood the Clean URL script correctly.

Right.
Oh, now I see. Try the redirected-to URL, i.e.
http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage .

HTH
Jo