[pmwiki-users] bug or an easter egg?

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Thu May 5 15:44:59 CDT 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 01:40, you wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 02:15:52PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> > At 01:54 PM 5/5/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > >If you want to ensure that pages aren't listed, then set
> > >$EnablePageListProtect=1; and read-protect the pages.
> >
> > Pretty grim if the excluded pages contain stuff like Sidebar or
> > PageTopMenu ;)
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand the question then.  If Sidebar
> or PageTopMenu aren't read-protected, why does it hurt for
> someone to be able to find those pages by choosing a different
> list= parameter to pagelist?  (That's really what list= is for.)
Sometimes a wikipage may be created only for include purposes,
example the one discussed in thread
"Re: Config group (Was: Edit page extensions)", though the page discussed here
was a config page , but this page would certainly be not read protected
otherwise it would make the whole site read protected.
If we exclude this page using  $SearchPatterns[] , it can still be seen using
pagelist.
But these pages as alone are very insignificant for normal visitors/authors
who just want to write a wiki page, having these pages listed in pagelist  in
"some" cases may cause confusion.