[pmwiki-users] bug or an easter egg?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 5 12:54:01 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 11:23:05PM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> ok I found it all :-)
>
> Using beta23 and beta36,
> I did some $SearchPatterns[] settings in config.php file.
> I was able to exclude those pages in search and normal pagelist.
>
> But then in sandbox I did:
> (:pagelist list=paparazzi:)
> any word other than "normal"
> OR just
> (:pagelist list= :)
> hit preview....
> and Voila I could pagelist all excluded pages too.

The list= parameter and $SearchPatterns[] were never designed to be a
security/privacy feature, they're just a way of author-specifying
the extent of the search output results.  As such, they can be
overridden/replaced in the pagelist arguments.

If you want to ensure that pages aren't listed, then set
$EnablePageListProtect=1; and read-protect the pages.

Or, maybe we can define a $SearchPatterns['always'] entry,
that is always added to the list of $SearchPatterns regardless
of the list= parameter specified.